Nodesource Certification Score
npmsearch uses The NodeSource Certification Process, an extensive suite of tests based on attributes that are valuable to customers. We are attempting to capture the best signals that determine the quality, security and overall health of any given package in the npm ecosystem.
We expect the calculation of this score to change over time as we incorporate feedback about additional signals that are important to professional users of Node.js.
The current scoring criteria used are:
- Package has a README file
- Package's source code is in public source control
- Package and its dependency tree are open-source licensed with any of: Apache, BSD, ISC, or MIT
- Disk usage after npm install is < 25 MB
- There are no known security vulnerabilities in the package or its dependency tree
npmsearch is made possible by NodeSource, The Node Company™. NodeSource is the Node Company, offering N|Solid - the most secure platform for running Node.js in production. Trusted by MasterCard, GoPro, Condé Nast and many others, N|Solid secures your applications and provides surgical insight into your Node.js processes to help you identify problems before they happen. With a commitment to the Node.js community, NodeSource is dedicated to helping build an open, stable, long-lasting ecosystem for Node.js.